The amount of garbage collected each day in America is atrocious. EVOBEAN gets it and wants to help in its own little way! Here are some of the statistics the Food Democracy published about garbage in Feb 2008.
- It’s estimated that this year 222 million tons of waste will be generated by Americans.
- Americans’ total yearly waste would fill a convoy of garbage trucks long enough to wrap around the earth six times and reach halfway to the moon.
- Since 1950, people in the United States have used more resources than any generation who ever lived before them.
- Each American individual uses up 20 tons of basic raw materials annually.
- At the consumption level of the average American, at least four additional planets worth of resources would be needed to support the planet’s six billion inhabitants.
A large percentage of this garbage comes from coffee companies. It is estimated that 16 billion paper coffee cups used in the US every year; this adds up to a lot of landfill garbage and consumed natural resources. Another angle; 16 billion 8 oz cups equals 128,000,000,000 cubic inches of trash or 10,666,666,666 cubic feet! So, 1,000 people saving a cup a day for one year reduces waste by more than 11 tons!
At EVOBEAN we are looking to change that one cup at a time. Have you ever passed by a garbage can overflowing with cups outside a coffee shop, or worse yet, IN ONE?
Part of the EVOBEAN mission is to always to do the best that we can with our community and environment in mind SO WE don’t serve our coffee in paper cups. Each cup of Joe is served in a reusable cup that is loaned out; just like at the local libraries.This initiative reduces our overhead by up to 20%, and gives us the opportunity to build a lasting relationship with our customers. Not to mention, the travel mugs much more efficient when it comes to keeping your drink hotter longer! The facts are clear, now it’s time to make a change. EVOBEAN is ready to serve you.